mandag 5. september 2011

Manual handling skills

Tankevekkende, artig og åpenhjertig historie sendt meg av en observatør:

Letter of the Week: Flying the Airplane
I had been flying the Airbus A320 for a supplemental 121 carrier when I was furloughed and had to scramble to find any flying job. I interviewed for a job which required a sim check in a B727 simulator. I had not flown an aircraft with manual thrust levers, a yoke or a trim switch for several years and had never flown a 727 or a 727 sim.
My hand-flying skills were atrocious. I could interpret the steam gauges okay, but I couldn't keep up with the trim, and I ham-fisted the thrust levers badly. Needless to say, I didn't get the job, and I didn't blame them a bit.

Jerry Hart
Foto: Wikipedia
Handling skills? Sjekk Jelly Belly: http://tinyurl.com/3zg2t5a

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Merk: Bare medlemmer av denne bloggen kan legge inn en kommentar.