onsdag 7. desember 2011

FAA sjef går av etter fyllekjøring

Randy Babbitt Quits FAA After Weekend DWI ArrestFAA Administrator Randy Babbitt has resigned from the FAA in the wake of his arrest Saturday night in a northern Virginia suburb on a charge of driving while intoxicated (DWI). In a statement released this evening, Babbitt wrote: “Today I submitted my resignation to Secretary Ray LaHood and it has been accepted. Serving as FAA Administrator has been an absolute honor and the highlight of my professional career. But I am unwilling to let anything cast a shadow on the outstanding work done 24 hours a day, seven days a week by my colleagues at the FAA. They run the finest and safest aviation system in the world and I am grateful that I had the opportunity to work alongside them. I am confident in their ability to successfully carry out all of the critical safety initiatives underway and the improvements that the FAA has planned. I also want to thank Secretary LaHood for his leadership and dedication to the safety of the traveling public.”

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Merk: Bare medlemmer av denne bloggen kan legge inn en kommentar.