lørdag 27. januar 2018

Den Røde Baron - Historisk filmsnutt

Jeg lurer på om tyskerne inspiserer en havarert Camel helt mot slutten, og at en britisk flyger forteller noen skrøner? (Red.) 

Sjekk denne:  https://shar.es/12Ag7e

 Courtesy of Tom Kreamer (U.S.A,)
This was sent to me by a friend. Enjoy!


This is awesome.

I had a patient who was in mid eighties when I bought my practice in 1970. He needed a tooth replaced on his upper full denture. When the lab sent it back for me to give it to him, I asked when he’d received this plate. His answer was” Right after the war!” I said “you’re not talking ‘46 are you?” He said “hell no, I mean in 1919”. I asked how it was that he had everyone of his lower teeth in excellent condition but none on top. He asked if I had heard of the Red Baron and then told me that he had the dubious distinction of having been the Baron’s last victim and when he crashed, the control stick knocked out most of his upper teeth, thus the full upper denture. He told me what you all may have missed when they were working on the engine!!! If you watch it again you will see that the propellor AND the engine rotate together. He said there was no throttle..... just a kill button to stop the engine as needed to descend then it would start up again.
100 year old footage of the Red Baron during WWI

100 year old footage of the Red Baron during WWI

Notice them squirting oil … on the valve stems I would guess, prior to spinning the  prop.

The following is a very rare piece of film, 100 years old. It shows Baron Von Richthofen, doing an external prior to a mission, as well as his putting on a flying suit prior to flight in cold weather. If you look close you will notice Hermann Goering.

The Aussies claim that one of their machine gunners on the ground shot the Baron down. on 4 June 1915…

To think this film is almost 100 years old!

If you're interested in history or aviation, you cannot miss this footage. It was just posted online, and I've never seen anything like it. It's from 1917, and it's an up-close and personal look at the most legendary combat pilot who ever lived, the infamous Red Baron, Manfred Von Richthofen.

Watch the extremely rare, extremely old footage and re-live history.  ULTRA-RARE footage of the most famous fighter pilot ever

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Merk: Bare medlemmer av denne bloggen kan legge inn en kommentar.